Thursday, November 12, 2009

ひさしぶり。。

Havn't really updated my blog in a while..basically because there hasn't been much to blog about :)
Then, after a couple of friends request for me to keep blogging, I thought - why not blog about normal everyday stuff..? It would be a great way to pastime when I'm bored.
     I thought I'd blog about things such as my hobbies, pictures, recommend recipes and so on. And then, maybe, I'll manage to keep the blog ongoing longer than the last time >_>''


Some weeks ago, I attended desucon , which is an japan inspired event, focused on manga, anime and games. I've been there each year since it started. Last year I sold pictures there. People cosplay as different characters, and there are stands selling stuff from Japan. Like pocky, actionfigures, plushes and such. I can't say I'm too fond of this event, considering it lacks the autenthic japanese feeling, and the event building is crowded with teens dressed out as naruto and bleach characters, like those two animes are the only knowledge they have about Japan. Still, it is nice that the japan loving population of Norway are growing in numbers.
This year I went to desucon to meet Sindre, a boy I've known over the internet for about 6 years. It was fun to see that we had the same type of connection as we do over the internet, like I had known him for many years in real life. He was just as I imagined him. Later on in the event, I met my friend from my japanese class, Vigdis. It was nice seeing her again, and I ended up hanging with her the rest of that evening, talking and eating on a restaurant in Oslo called friday.


I didn't take any pictures at desucon.. but here is the pocky colletion I brought home from the event.
キャアー!  Didn't even like them.. Anyone want pocky? \(^.^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment